- Home >
- Terms & Conditions and Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Statement
Science City York Privacy Document
Your privacy is important to Science City York. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Science City York collects, and the ways in which Science City York uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
Science City York may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including registration of interest in events, diagnostic toolkit results);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including name, address, telephone number and email address, company information);
- any other information that you send to Science City York.
Using personal information
Science City York may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website for you to see on your profile;
- send to you products that you request;
- supply to you services that you request;
- send to you statements;
- send you marketing communications specific to the SIAFS project or to Science City York relevant activities.
Science City York will only disclose your personal information to its project partners FERA who will need it to support your innovation activities and for these purposes, they will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Science City York may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Science City York will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Science City York will store all the personal information you provide [on its secure servers].
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other news and event websites.
Science City York is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Science City York
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org]; or
- by post to Science City York
1 Museum St
York YO1 7DT
Science City York
SIAFS Website and Diagnostic Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Web site and Diagnostic tool. By registering with us or using or browsing this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This site and tool is not directed to anyone younger than 16 and is offered only to users 16 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 16 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not make available any content or use this site and toolkit:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this site without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this site or prevent others from using this site or diagnostic tool, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this site;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this site or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this site or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this site for the purposes of automating logins to this site;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this site - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the site's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this site;
- Take any action that may invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this site
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this site, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this site to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this site are provided by this site's online service provider. However, the Creator of this site and diagnostic controls the content, membership and policy of this site, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this site. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this website and through the diagnostic you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this site and participation with this diagnostic tool.